Bare in mind:
- The Park is open every day of the year.
- It opens at 9:30 and closes when the sun sets.
- The entrance to the Park costs $50 per person; this money is destined to maintenance.
- It is not possible to pay with card, ONLY CASH IS ACCEPTED.
- There is little or no signal for cellphones.
- Pets are admitted on leashes.
- We suggest you wear comfortable clothes.
- In sunny days the use of sun block and insect repellent is recommended.
The Salto del Penitente Park is located 140 kilometers from Montevideo, 97 km from Punta del Este and only 20 km from Minas, Capital of the Sierras.
From Minas, follow Route 8 East; in kilometer 134 take the road on the right to the access road, this road consists of 8 km of panoramic landscapes before arriving to the Park. It is an asphalted road in good conditions.